Monday, February 21, 2011

Chapter 14 - Willpower in Weimar

This week I´m spending four days and nights in a hotel on a business trip with all day meetings.  Tempation is all around me.  It´s staring me right in the face as I type this. A Toblerone and milka bar in the glass cabinet mini bar of my hotel room.  The plate of fruit somehow doesn’t have the same level of excitement, but I will try and focus on the grapes and apple if temptation comes my way.

So far I haven´t had much willpower in Weimar.  My first naughty stop was the Thuringer sausage and beer which welcomed me to Weimar after a motorway breakdown on the way here last night. I wasn´t in the mood for calorie options or being choosy  – I was just plain starving and pleased to get to this beautiful former East German town in one piece after freezing my ass off on the motorway. Unfortunately, freezing ones ass off doesn’t really result in loosing a few pounds from ones bottom. What a shame. I sure felt like I deserved it being stuck on the side of the motorway in minus 8 degrees.

I successfully ignored the mini bar and woke up to a wonderful breakfast buffet. I avoided the bacon and eggs and went for the brown roll with turkey and cucumber, low fat cheese, fruit salad, but then I had a weak moment and gave in to a pancake. Oh well, you can´t win them all…..
Next test of temptation was lunch. After salad and vegetables and a wee piece of meat I was tempted by a little glass of lemon yoghurt mousse.
Next stop was coffee break.  Next fail! A blueberry muffin made its way into my mouth and I tried to cancel it out with some pineapple, passion fruit and then a pot of tea.

At seven it was time for dinner. After antipasti and soup I couldn’t face meat or pasta so went for some green cabbage and potatoes. Not too bad I suppose. A couple of glasses of wine went down too……and after an hour or so….I just had to go and check out the desert buffet and came back with panna cotta, figs and a tiny piece of chocolate cake. Goodness knows how many points I ate today. I didn’t count and won´t count them.

It sounds like a non- stop all you can eat feast day. I have to watch out.  I have to find some willpower from somewhere. Tomorrow will be a challenge.  If I go on like this for the next three days I will be sure not to just have a flat tyre on the car journey home, but some more spare tyres around my waist. Wish me luck!  

"I will not eat the Toblerone out of the mini bar - I will not eat the Toblerone out of the mini bar - I will not eat the Toblerone out of the mini bar - I will not eat the Toblerone out of the mini bar" ............ 

No comments:

Post a Comment