Monday, February 14, 2011

Chapter 13 - Valentines Love Heart


Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you………  this brings back memories of valentines cards in my school days. Today is the 14th February  - Valentines Day. A special day where hearts jump and florists, restaurants, chocolatiers and jewellers potentially make lots of money. Potentially, meaning if people now follow the somewhat commercial driven tradition, which actually dates back to the year 496AD from a Christian martyr named Saint Valentine.

My husband fell for the commercial trap. Maybe he didn´t want to risk the emotional pressure and my sulking if he hadn´t bought me anything.  I got home to find some beautiful flowers and a special valentines cake. It reminded me of a miniature version of our wedding cake. Very romantic. Very calorific. Very delicious.


We went out for dinner and I opted for a salad with roast beef and pineapple and came home for desert – the special heart shaped strawberry cake. I LOVE cake. I LOVE my DH. I HATE my diet today. But who cares? 
Life is for living and loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment